Saturday, January 10, 2009

The last couple of days have been difficult. The waiting, the not knowing seems to grate on us. I have decided that though they say it’s a 95% chance that it’s malignant that somebody has to be in the 5% and I am hoping to be one of them. I find that I can drive myself crazy worrying about what might be. Assuming the worst also keeps me from being able to pray and to keep a positive attitude.
I had to tell the kids about the surgery. I know that all they have to relate to is their grandma and watching her die of cancer just 5 years ago. But I told them that until everything was back from the lab we would assume that I was in the 5% that wasn’t cancer. I hope that they wait with that in mind. I know that my attitude will go along way in influencing theirs.