CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

86,400

What if every morning when the bank opened, there was a deposit made to your account of $86,400. It was a gift, and you could spend it any way you liked, but, you had to have a zero balance in your account at the end of the day. None of the money could be carried over to the next day. What would you do with it?

Ironically, that 86,400 is the number of times in a day that we are given an opportunity. Each day we are given is a gift. That day holds 86,400 chances to make a difference. There is no guarantee that we will have tomorrow. Nothing can be left to save for tomorrow. Today's 86,400 seconds is all we have. What will we do with it?

IF I KNEW

If I knew it would be the last time that I'd see you fall asleep,
I would tuck you in more tightly and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

If I knew it would be the last time I'd see you walk out the door,
I would give you a hug and a kiss and call you back for more.

If I knew it would be the last time I could spare and extra minute,To stop

and say "I love you" instead of assuming you would know I do.

If I knew it would be the last time, I would be there to share your day,
Well, I'm sure that you'll have many more, so I can let this one slip away.

For surely there's tomorrow, to right this oversight,
And we always get a second chance to make everything just right.

There will always be another day to say "I love you"
And surely another chance to ask "Is there anything I can do?"

But just in case I might be wrong, and today is all I get,
I'd like to say how much I Love You and hope I never forget.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance to hold your loved one tight.

So if tomorrow never comes, why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes, you'll surely regret the day.

So hold your loved ones close today, and whisper in their ear,
Just how much you love them, and will always hold them dear.

Take time to say "I'm sorry, Forgive Me, Thank You and It's okay"
And if tomorrow never comes, you won't regret today.

(Written in memory of all those who perished in 9/11)


86,400. How did we use it today? How will we use it tomorrow?

"Lord, help us this day, not to miss an opportunity to speak a kind word or give a hug to someone who needs it. And forgive us, Lord, when we take our loved ones for granted. Remind us, when we get too busy, to take time to tell them just how much we love them. Amen"

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the sermon about this. I'm glad I get to spend some of my seconds reading your blog! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Share Your Thoughts!